Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a rheumatic autoimmune disease that causes joint pain and affects the entire body. This disease occurs in both adults and children. Causes of rheumatoid arthritis unknown and are the subject of research all over the world.
What can worsen the condition in rheumatoid arthritis (the most common mistakes of patients):
1. Refusal to take medications prescribed by a doctor. Drug therapy it is necessary at any stage of the disease, it prevents exacerbations.
2. Failure to follow schedule of taking medication. Sometimes this is caused by side effects or misinterpretation of medical recommendations. In case of side effects or discontinuation of medication for another reason for this reason, you should immediately consult a doctor to avoid a relapse.
3. Early loading of the joints. Sometimes patients allow excessive stress on the joints immediately after treatment procedures, which reduces the effectiveness of treatment.
4. The patient informs the doctor about the patient has doubts about the effectiveness of treatment, or other claims.
5. Lack of sleep after treatment procedures. After treatment, the joints need passive rest. To rest the joints and restore strength, patients need full sleep.
6. Lack of regular gymnastic exercises. Patients often underestimate the importance of regular exercise, which helps to improve physical fitness and restore joint function.
7. Insufficient control of the General state of health. It is necessary to regularly undergo a General medical examination.
8. Smoking. It must be abandoned. Smoking negatively affects not only the joints, but also the health of the entire body, contributing to the development of atherosclerosis.
9. Refusal of multivitamins and food additive. When taken regularly, they can slow the progression of rheumatic disease. Therefore, their reception is included in the medical recommendations.
10. Stress. Stressful situations negatively affect the the gastrointestinal tract, blood vessels, and most importantly, the function of joints. The patient should be as calm as possible. To maintain psychological calm, it is necessary to choose the correct methods.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disease.
Modern medicine has not yet found a cure for it. Medication can only reduce pain and inflammation. The disease can go into remission at most.